The summer months have been a blur. God has provided many opportunities for ministry and some milestones for our family, here is a sampling:
* The Child Evangelism Fellowship program training teens to reach out in the greater Philadelphia area called “Flood Philly” had me come and join their training team to equip 150 young people with some tools of evangelism to use in their summer ministry
* I was able to travel to Perkasie Pennsylvania area and conduct two camp sessions for elementary age kids
* Several of our staff were able to train and equip fellow Christians in effective evangelism during our two weeks of Sketchboard Evangelism Training, one week in Boston and one week in the Baltimore/DC area. Co-worker Mike Bussen and I were able to provide resources needed for use in conducting these training sessions.
* Sue and I joined our local church in an ongoing effort in reaching out to a local community near our church. Later this month I’ve been asked to conduct a special children’s program in this community
* Sue and I joined our local church youth group on an outing in the Poconos
* A local church in Bethlehem asked me to help in reaching out to their local community through a day-long event and just this past weekend their sister church in Syracuse New York had me come up and do the same at that location – it was great to have co-worker Erin Chervenak join me for the day. While there, a leader in their Philadelphia location asked if I would be willing to come and also help them in the days ahead
* The Joni and Friends ministry held a family conference at Spruce Lake Conference Center in the Poconos where I was asked to come for three evenings and conduct their children’s program
* Each Sunday this month I am conducting my sermons from science presentations at a local church in Bethlehem
* Sue and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary last month
* Our youngest son, Chad, celebrated birthday 29 last month. His five year commitment serving as a submarine navigator in the US Navy will be up in the next few months and so prayer would be appreciated for his next steps
* Oldest son, Chris, attended a conference in Denver a couple weeks ago and we enjoyed having granddaughter Lexi with us for the weekend – what fun we had. (Lexi is delighted with their new family member, Ruger)
* We are thankful for all the great help Sue’s mom, Mae, is to our family and to the ministry. She loves stuffing envelopes and we love her to do it!
* Next week I join co-worker Karen Williams for a week of ministry with a Korean ministry at Victory Valley camp here in Pennsylvania
And now, we gear up for the coming fall ministry opportunities!